----
----
----
How did you get into DBA?
clairtalina
1 year ago
Hey!! We r all on here because we love DBA but I am intrigued to see how people actually discovered the band in the first place,what bought them into your life ?
Haha...
It was about 7 Years ago I had a reeaaally Bad time and was listening to sad Pop songs.. my brother came in and was like "If you need to listen to sad music then do it the good way." And opened 'Promise me' in YouTube for me. I already loved it. Heard a few other Songs and fell in love for a short time.
Then had some time where I was ALREADY forgetting about them until the Day my friend bought me a Ticket for their show.
And yeah... After that day. Everything started.
I got a real Fan. And after being on the second Tour and Meeting up with them. Being pulled on stage and stuff I just Fell in love more and more.

Until the point I am today.
Meeting up with Pontus In the studio a few days ago.
Talking to them.
Being backstage with them
Being there while they had their Soundcheck.

And stuff like this.

I am so enormous happy that I found my way to them.. Because without them i dont think I would be here anymore.
I love them with all I have.
They are my favorite and I would do anything for them!

Dead by April forever. 🙈
Dead by April is my life 😍❤😍
x2i
Administrator
1 year ago
I got introduced to the band shortly after I split with an ex of 4 years, I was having a hard time with it all but I made friends with a girl who was my brother's friends sister.

She introduced me to the songs "Sorry For Everything" and "In My Arms" because she thought that they kind of portrayed what it was I wanted to say to my Ex but couldn't. She basically helped me through it all and helped me get back on my feet.

Unbeknownst at the time me and her would later start dating, we got engaged and spent 5 years together and then unfortunately we split up... but yeah, I kind of fell in love with the band from when she showed them to me, so I kind of owe it all to her really.

I kind of felt like I wasn't alone when I was listening to them - like they were my friends/family even though I'd never met them. Probably sounds a bit sad but that's how it is.

Yes a lot of the songs bring back memories of it all, but I mostly just listen to them still because I like the songs not because of the history behind them.
JNero983
1 year ago
I am a big follower of some similar bands such as The Unguided, Sonic Syndicate and Amaranthe so spotify suggested them to me. I have been a listener ever since :)
clairtalina
1 year ago
I got into them by a hugely random opportunity !! I was on the tube in London one day a few years ago and the guy sat next to me had his music absolutely blaring and the train got stuck for a few minutes so I was stuck there underground and all I could hear is this guys music,so after 5 minutes I had to ask him what he was listening to and he told me so when I got home I looked them up for myself and have been growing as a fan since then 😊
MrDBA
VIP
1 year ago
Hi all :D
I met the band thanks to a ex-friend who showed me, I started with the demos of 2008 and then continue with the debut, incomparable ... until today. It's not a very exciting discovery haha, but what I can say is that I love this band, and I feel identified with many songs, for example ... '' As A Butterfly '', this song is very special for me, Because like Pontus, I lost my grandfather a few years ago, in the same way that the song is written and it's fucking deep, sometimes it brings me to the edge of tears, but then comes 'Same Star' And I feel like kicking ass with that killer song hehe.

That's more or less my story of how I met Dead By April :)
JNero983
1 year ago
Spotify suggested them to me and been addicted ever since
JNero983 wrote
   Spotify suggested them to me and been addicted ever since
Pretty much the same deal with me too, love Spotify!
My friend showed them to me when I was feeling a little low and been hooked ever since. I owe it all to her really :)
Jerid616
7 months ago
I think 5 years ago a friend of mine who played the drums in one of my old bands, he made me listen to a Dead by April song, perhaps "What can I say" (but I can't recall precisely...)... 2 years ago I suddenly remembered the name Dead by April, found "As a butterfly" on YouTube and started listening <3 they're still stuck in my mind!
Please Login to Post