---
---
---
DBA App a little dry
x2i
Administrator
11 months ago
Does anyone else think that the Dead by April App is falling by the wayside a little?

I mean, it has never been perfect but it just seems a little dry in terms of content at the moment... here's why I think so:

- Exclusive Music - sure there has been quite a few clips of new songs but in my opinion, there hasn't been enough (maybe that's just me)... but not only that, since the App has been made free, the Exclusive Music section doesn't even load... there's nothing there anymore.

- Exclusive Videos - Haven't seen one yet.

- Contests - Hasn't been many, think there was one to guest vocal on a song of theirs but nothing else.

- The app shop and shopping cart icon does nothing.

- The community tab does nothing.

- The videos section rarely has much content - instead just says 'Coming Soon'.

- It contains tabs for only one song, 'Angels of Clarity', other than that there are no tabs whatsoever, with a back catalog of songs such as theirs you'd have thought this would be a cool thing to make available for a lot of songs. I guess they may be releasing them going forward but as yet there has been no others.

I get that the guys are probably busy with other things, but as someone who originally paid for the app, and as a massive fan of the band who wants to stay close to them in terms of news and content, I feel like the App is lacking a lot.

Who else has any input on this?
blinketh
11 months ago
i thought this also but we will have to wait and see i gues
My thoughts exactly, I haven't really seen anything worth going on the app for for about a few months now. It's not so much that it's free now, some of us paid for it when it cost money and still nothing. :/
The app recently had an upgrade but like you said it just made it a little worse than it was before. Such a shame
JNero983
11 months ago
I don't really see much point in the app when we have this website to be honest... as much as I wish this wasn't true (no offence to this site). You'd guess that the official app would be more fruitful in terms of content than a website that isn't even run by the band.
x2i
Administrator
11 months ago
JNero983 wrote
   I don't really see much point in the app when we have this website to be honest... as much as I wish this wasn't true (no offence to this site). You'd guess that the official app would be more fruitful in terms of content than a website that isn't even run by the band.
Well... Whilst I am flattered it obviously stands to reason that I didn't intend for this site to impede on the band in any way I just wanted another medium for us to get the low down on what the band were up to and to have a place where fans can convene and talk about whatever... Band related or not.

I hope they turn it around though. I want the app to be better than this site. Definitely
I see the app now has a discussion board type thing similar to this site, but it doesn't look fully functional as yet bar a few comments.
Please Login to Post